Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Study of A Letter to My Knee

Dear Left Knee,

Two weeks ago, I made you run your hardest three days in a row. It was fun running 3.1 miles in 29 minutes. I thank you for your help with that.

I realize that maybe the last time we did that, I might have landed on you wrong, or twisted something. Who knows what happened. All I know is, it hurt.

I decided to give you a week off. I thought that giving you some rest, is just what you needed. So, we went for a run on Thanksgiving, and you decided that it wasn't. The pain that was felt after running that brisk holiday morning, was not something I wanted to experiance again. Running is supposed to make me feel good, not "crap, I cant mooove my leg" good.

You do realize it's been a week since then? So, technically I've given you two weeks off. You know I'm addicted to endorphins right?

So, please. Stop being scared and knock it off with the weird stining pains.

Seriously.

Stop being a weenie.

Thanks,

Ashley's Brain

No comments: