Friday, April 27, 2007

The Study of Jogging

Warning: This post MIGHT not contain photographs.

I like reading blogs that have photos. It makes reading the posts alot more interesting and fun. Also, you don't have to read so many words, and being a blogger like myself, I don't have to write as much. And, you being the reader, you don't have to read mine(or others) fantastic writing skills. Which, I don't have. Cause, I, use, too, many, of, these : ,,,,,,,.

Let's discuss one of my hobbies today. Shall we?

Jogging.

Yes, I said "jogging". How is this a hobby you might wonder? Let's ask dictionary.com shall we?

hob·by–noun, plural -bies.
1. an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation: Her hobbies include stamp-collecting and woodcarving.

Relaxing? How is jogging of all things....relaxing? Isn't it hard?

Keep reading...

Now, I haven't always considered jogging as a hobby. In fact, me and jogging used to hate each other. Loathe, despise, want to kick in the teeth, type of hate. But, in December 2005 I started/decided it was time for me to get in shape. So, I signed up at a local County Gym (the hidden treasures of cheaper/affordable gyms), and magically (after about a 9-10 months) jogging became a hobby.

First, my goals were to loose weight (like every girl that goes to the gym... even the skinny ones). Even though my goals still include loosing it, I don't really care that much. When it leaves my body, it will leave. I look forward to 5:30 at night when I have a date with the pavement or the treadmill (usually it's the treadmill).

My new goals include "improving times". The best I have ever recorded when it comes to "jogging", is doing a 5K(3.1 Miles) in 32 mins. For those fast runners, it's probably really slow. But, for someone who hated jogging in the beginning, it's awesome. When I first started out, I could barely get to 1.5 miles without stopping (and almost dying in the process). Now, if I jog at a slow pace, I just keep going, going, going and going.

How far have I travelled without stopping? Probably 5-6 miles (this was outside, so I have no idea. I jogged for 70 mins, without stopping... and could have kept going if I didn't have places to go).

It's so liberating.

One day, I'm going to jog a marathon. One day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just starting out with the jogging myself. I've ran 3 times in the last week and a half, one of those being the Salt Lake marathon 5k.

Anonymous said...

Marathon! you can do it!! (Why you would want to, I don't know.)

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting

Anonymous said...

you = soso adorable missy!