Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Study of Me and JJ

Before I start making my adventure posts, the next few first posts will be introductions about myself.

So, I thought it would important to start of my fantastic new blog with the story of how I met:


Julian Joseph Dasher "JJ"
Photo by: Matt Glass

You probably have heard those crazy stories about how people meet on the Internet? Well, that is how this story begins.

But first, I have to give some background information.

Referring to the side bar my interests include "going to local music shows". Back in 2004, I started going to see this band. They have quite the following now, but back in the day, I was a "Brobeck SuperFan". Which means, I went to every show they had and was basically the only fan they had, on a regular basis. Now, they have quite a few.

So, anyway the drummer of The Brobecks was (he isn't anymore), Matt Glass. Check him out here, here, here or here. So, I became friends with Matt, and we would AIM on occasion. Well, we all know how the Internet is these days, and Matt would talk about a certain "JJ Dasher" that used to live in Utah, but he moved to West Virginia a few years prior. Matt linked me to this: JJ's Photos. Now, being the internet stalker that I am, if you look on his page his AIM name is listed on there. So, what did I do? Added him to my list, and never talked to him for about 3 months.

Then, one night on April 5, 2005 I finally sent him this message:

"You're dead".

The rest is history.

We started IMing each other (that's how these stories go). Then, we started talking to each other on the phone, then I got a crazy idea in my head that I would fly out to West Virginia to meet JJ in real life.

2,000 miles to meet a guy? I must have been crazy. Everyone thought I was crazy, maybe I was. But, I wasn't really all THAT worried about it. Afterall, he was friends with Matt Glass, so it wasn't like I was going to meet a total stranger. Was it?

The trip is explained here, on my xanga. Click it.

Well, as you can see from reading that post, those 5 days were awesome. We fell in love.

The next 2.5 months were just annoying (from September thru October). How anyone survives long distant relationships is beyond me. This was quite long distance too. 2,000 miles in fact.

Well, at the beginning of November 2005, I flew back to West Virginia, stole JJ from his home, and we drove back to Utah. Yes, you read that right. D-R-O-V-E.

JJ moved to Utah just to be, with me. Does that make him an awesome boyfriend? I think so. We currently live together (yes, for almost 2 years), and I couldn't be happier.


No comments: