Friday, January 25, 2008

Studies of Positive Image



I found this photo here, while browsing around on Flickr this morning.

Now, I do agree that society does have the perfect woman skewed with what the actual average woman actually looks like. Woman do put down themselves when it comes to their bodies. No matter if they are a size 4 or a size 16. If it's not their hair, it's their butts. If it's not their butts, it's their thighs. If it's not their thighs they hate their eyebrows. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Why can't we just love ourselves? Find the positive stuff perhaps?

I'm kind of being a hypocrite, cause I put myself down all-the-time. But you know what? I am in shape. I can run 5 miles without stopping. I WILL run a half-marathon in April. My immune system rocks the house, so much so that I never get sick. I plan on staying this way until the day I die. So what I'm not a size 6. I'll get there someday.

But, honestly?

This photo just makes me laugh. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just whip out the iron, and BAH BAM smaller boobs?

I would like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed your post!
glad you laughed and thought about image because of my photo.
take care :)