Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Study of Arty Assholes

Blogger says I have 98 posts. However, I have only posted, 78 of them. So, I currently have 20 posts that I have written, but have never got around to posting.

Here is one I wrote back in the summer time (with my edits):

I don't know how many of you out there know how much I love Radiohead. It's almost as much as Ben Folds. But, not quite.

I do like them enough to put this



in the form of a sticker, on the back on my car. My brother has a vinyl cutter, so he made it for me. I stole. We stole. Arrest me.

The sticker is the Radiohead bear. Do I know what it "means"? No, not really. I kind of do, but I don't want to write anything that I'm not sure about, so we will just leave it at that.

I was at the gym on Monday, and I get out of my car. There was a guy standing by his car next to me, and this is what transpired:

Mysterious Man: "What is that? Some sort of crazy monkey?"

Me: "Uhhh.. Oh. No. It's a bear. Have you heard of Radiohead?"

Mysterious Granola Man: "Yes, I have."

Me: "I love them. Well, it's artwork that was on the Kid-A album. You know, the album Kid-A right?"

Mysterious Granola Man with Curly Hairs: "I'm not really familiar with that one."

Me: "Basically it's just a symbol that Radiohead has, and people who are big Radiohead fans knows what it is."

Mysterious Granola Man with Curly Hairs and Jesus Shoes on: "Well, I guess I'm not big enough" (He then rolls his eyes)

Me: "Guess Not."

When did I turn into an arty asshole?

Have I always been one, and never noticed?

I hope not.

(This was written before I made THIS POST, which is okay. I still love me some Radiohead)

No comments: