Friday, July 20, 2007

The Study of Things You Shouldn't Say

I got a speeding ticket back in the cold month of December 2006.

I fought it in court yesterday.

I lost. But, I almost won.

I'm not going into the details of the case. However, I did learn something.

Whenever you get pulled over by a police officer, NEVER, EVER, EVER admit that you were speeding, or tell the officer how fast you were going. Just a simple "I don't know". Plead not guilty from the beginning. This was the deciding factor in my case yesterday. So, listen.

Also, I am glad I fought the case and didn't just give in and give them the total cost of my fine. I made them WORK to get my money. If I ever get a ticket again, I will always fight it.

One day, I just might win.

By the way, the snake came back. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when they ask "do you know why i pulled you over?" "was it because of all the illegal fireworks in the trunk? Or was it because i rolled through a stop sign back there?" Silly.