Monday, July 16, 2007

The Study of Hunting

You know what hobby I do not understand?

Hunting.

Waking up at 4am in the freezing cold to track down a deer? Hanging out all day in a tree hoping an Elk passes by? Trekking through swamps just to shoot some ducks?

And, then IF by chance these things actually happen:

WHY do hunters feel its necessary to pose with the dead animals?

Like this:



"I know! Lets all gather around and show off the DEAD animals, that we KILLED! We are so awesome!!!"

Maybe I'm just being a jerk about it cause I REALLY don't like killing things. I'm also glad my dad isn't a hunter like his brothers are. He has guns, but they just hang out in the closet. From time to time he goes and shoots clay pigeons and raccoons that come in the yard (and then I cry about a rodent being killed...haha) But you know, I guess what ever makes them happy, but still. Why not just knit a sweater or read a book?

No comments: