Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Study of My Engagement

I've spent the last week in West Virgina/Ohio with JJ and April(my sister). We have been visiting JJ's dad, and step-mom. I will be posting about that trip later, but for right now lets talk about the best part of the trip.

On Saturday, July 28th @ about 9:30pm eastern time JJ said,

"Ash, let's go for a bike ride to that place I almost drove off the road and killed us the first night we hung out."

I said, "Okay. Try not to kill me this time."

So,we both put on our helmets and road JJ's step-mom's purple bike (more on this later) to South Parkersburg on a road called, "Lost Pavement Road". I didn't die, or almost die this time. :-) Afterwards, we road to the highest point in Parkersburg called, Quincy Hill.

On this hill is where me and JJ spent the first hours of hanging out with each other. Where we go visit everytime I'm in Parkersburg. It's "our spot".


So, we sat on a bench on Quincy Hill on July 28th. After sitting on the bench for about an hour, at 11:30PM JJ handed me this:




How about another view:



How about a photo of me posing with it?



Isn't it pretty? It's just what I wanted too.

Then, he popped "the question".

"Will you marry me?"

After I was done crying, I said, "Yes, I'll marry you."




I am the luckiest girl on the planet. I'm going to marry the cutest, sweetest boy ever.

:-) :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! The ring is BEAUTIFUL! Actually, I think it is the same as my engagement ring. You may just have a bigger rock. But, don't worry Ashley. We can compare in a few weeks. CAUSE ILL BE IN UTAH! WOO HOO! Anyways... that engagement store was SO CUTE! And your pictures are adorable and happy. Yes, I got tears in my eyes. I am a nerd. He is so sweet and cute. Aw. You ARE a lucky girl. But, most importantly... he is one lucky guy! :-D