Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Study of A Trip to West Virgina, Part 1 of 7

JJ's dad invited JJ to go to the AMA Vintage days that are held in Ohio in July every year. So, me and JJ planned a trip to West Virgina, and I decided to bring April (my sister) along with me.
JJ's parents live in a town called, Parkersburg. It is right on the Ohio River. It is where I fell in love with JJ. Read about my first time there, here.

I will be posting all about the events that transpired while we were there, July 24th-30th, 2007.

Day One, July 24th:

Here we are on the plane at 6:15am, ready to conquer West Virgina.




Our flight left Salt Lake and landed in Denver, Colorado. Where we sat and waited for 3 hours for our other flight to Pittsburgh, PA.

So, this is what we did to pass the time:



And this:



BUT, never ENOUGH of this:



After our 4 hour flight, we landed in Pittsburgh, PA. We walked through the terminal, and the following shoes were on display in a case.

Can you guess who these shoes are?



Maybe you want to go visit the land of make believe? Wouldn't you want to be his neighbor?

That's right. It was Mr. Rogers. He's from Pittsburgh.



His red sweater was even in there!

JJ's dad, came to pick us up at the airport. On the way home we stopped in a town called, Stubenville. Not "stupid"ville as Ape kept thinking Mark was calling it.

Then, it was another 3 hour drive to Parkersburg, WV. We took the scenic route home, where I could look out the window and wish all the tree's that grace the east would come home with me.

We arrived safely, and decided to go for a walk to show April around Parkersburg.







Our destination was, The Pizza Place. JJ really loves their pizza. We also go there everytime we visit. So, we went there, and guess what we did, we ate pizza. I know! Isn't that amazing?

On the way back, we saw some bugs flying around. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see a bugs. Because, these insects were:

FIREFLIES!

Now, those of you that get to see these glowing bugs all the time, this might not be a big deal to you. However, to me and Ape it was a big deal.

So big in fact, we didn't take any photos.

But, April was successful in getting a good photo of me and JJ.



Day one complete.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your hair color, where do you get your hair done? It looks perfect with your skin tones.

Ashley said...

Thank you!

I get it done "Hair, Body, & Soul". It's a salon in Sandy. The girl that does my hair, her name is Emily. Me and my sister both get our hairs done by her. She does an excellent job and she doesn't overcharge (which is a very good thing).

Here number is: (801)808-7780