Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Study of A Trip to West Virgina, Part 3 of 7

Thursday, July 26th, 2007

Seeing as JJ had to figure out a way to keep me busy on Thursday as well, Kim decided to take me and April to The Middleton Doll Factory in Belpre, OH right across The Ohio River from Parkersburg.

Our plan was to tour the factory. However, they moved the factory to China. So, we browsed around the gift shop and the museum for a while instead.







This was the doll factory featured in the movie, Bubble. No, I do NOT recommend this movie. It's really bad. However, if you are interested in seeing a bit of the area we visited on the big screen, then you can watch it. Its a terrible movie though.

Since our doll factory visit was cut short, Kim decided to take us to Blennerhasset Island as well.

To get to Blennerhasset you have to travel by The Sternwheeler boat down the Ohio.




Haha. This photo is awesome:






After arriving on the island, we took a horse drawn wagon ride around the island. It is really beautiful there.








After our tour of the island, we got to tour the Blennerhasset Mansion.

(Kim, I hope you don't mind I stole this photo from you. I didn't get a good one on my camera)



I would show you photos of inside house, but they didn't really turn out. Besides, that makes you want to go inside the house. Right?

We left, and decided to go shopping to the outlet center of Coldwater Creek. They are located in Parkersburg, so they have a clearance/overstock/return center. They do have good deals on their clothing. However, I wasn't able to find anything my style.

I guess April thought I should.


(No, she didn't buy this outfit)

We finally met back up with JJ and Mark. JJ took us to the mall, and me and April did some more shopping.

Then, Mark BBQ ed and we hung out the rest of night and watched for Fireflies.

Day Three Complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to use the photo of the mansion. Great pictures!

Tara said...

Ashley- your trip looks like it was so fun (never mind getting engadged)...I LOVE the east coast. Everything there is just so old and has such a cool feel. Anyway- I also love your blog. You are so creative!

Miss Dansie said...

It's too bad I didn't buy that outfit!

It could have made a great picture so that I could be on "what not to wear."