Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Study of A Trip to West Virgina, Part 2 of 7

Wednesday, July 25th:

There is something great about going for a run, when you don't know where your running, or where you will end up. This happens when I go for a runs in Parkersburg. Granted I can get around the town pretty well now (this is the 4th time visiting) but, running on the streets of a foreign place is alot more entertaining then running in places that are familiar.

So, that's what I did Wednesday morning, on our 2nd day of the trip. However, I went out a bit too late (10:00am) because of the time change, so I didn't go for very long. The heat mixed with the humidity didn't do well on my lungs. However, I was able to pull a "run-by" JJ's old apartment. Which was thrilling.

I know, I have dork written all over my face.

After I got back, Kim suggested we (me, ape and her) go to the local beauty school to get pedicures. While JJ and his dad shipped his Go Cart he made while he was living in West Virginia.

See something fishy? At the time I didn't pick up on it. Are you picking up on it? They were trying to get me out of the house, so JJ could go shopping. Shopping for that ring.

Me, Ape and Kim walked to the local beauty school. We walked through the historic district in Parkersburg. There are quite a few big historic homes in the area we walked through.

After our pedicures, we met back up with JJ and Mark, had lunch at the local Lebanese restaurant and then went to a really neat old book store in Parkersburg called, "Trans Alleghney Books". Kim has a very informative profile on Virtual Tourist, which is full of information about the area we were at, but the entry on the book store is here. Please click the links, it will explain why the book store is so neat!














That's right. You are looking at me one floor up, kneeling on glass.

Lets read some books, shall we?


















After the good times at the bookstore, we dropped Mark and Kim off and the rest of us went for a ride around Parkersburg. We were supposed to meet up with some of JJ's old friends, but we were not successful. So, we took ape to the river and took more photos!















After our mini-adventure we met back up with Kim and Mark and went across the river to, Historic Marietta, Ohio.

It was nighttime by then, and we didn't get any good photographs of the historic monuments about Marietta,OH. The following photo did turn out.





Day Two Complete.

No comments: